Is a Career as a Financial Advisor Right For You?
Do you enjoy helping people?
Are you goal oriented and independent?
Are you competitive and leadership driven?
Would your peers say you are coachable?
Can you build trusting relationships with clients?
Are you tired of Corporate America?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, the opportunity at Financial Advantage Associates may be for you.
As a financial advisor at Financial Advantage Associates (FAA), you’ll have a business without limits. You’ll use your talents to your greatest potential.
Securian Financial Services, Inc. is made up of advisors in independent firms, like Financial Advantage, nationwide. You’ll receive the support of our local office and the support of Securian, a leading nationwide financial services company.
Through the Securian and Financial Advantage relationship you’ll receive outstanding support and training provided by our Advisor Development Program. This four and half year paid training program aims to provide you with the skills, support and financing necessary to build a thriving book of business, which you will personally own.
As a Financial Advisor at Financial Advantage you can live the life you want while helping others do the same. You will be building a business that makes a difference. This opportunity is different than other careers you may be considering. You can:
- Help people and businesses become financially secure. Make an impact by inspiring others to take action.
- Earn unlimited income. There are no caps on how much you can make at FAA.
- Make time for the important things in life. You’ll earn autonomy and eventually set your own schedule.
- Be a lifelong learner. Financial services are constantly changing and you can be part of a dynamic, always evolving industry.
- Be in business for yourself, but not by yourself. Although you have the support of colleagues and mentors you will eventually become your own boss.
Financial Advantage advisors have access to a dedicated support staff to help process business more efficiently and thoroughly, a multitude of competitive products and services including insurance, investments, and fee based financial planning and there are no proprietary product sales requirements. A professional designation reimbursement program is provided for multiple designations, such as the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®).
A Financial Advisor’s basic responsibilities include:
- Attending required training and development meetings
- Completing required continuing education
- Scheduling appointments for prospective clients and centers of influence
- Generating referrals and clients through prospecting and networking in the community
- Analyzing and compiling presentations for clients
- Closing and executing sales transactions
- Maintaining client relationships and accounts with the highest level of integrity
Who we are seeking:
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills and sales abilities
- Someone who believes in financial products and services
- Someone who demonstrates determination and commitment
- An entrepreneur who takes pride in his or her work
Preferred: (but not required)
- Prior sales success
- Leadership experience
- Solid understanding of the financial planning process and needs analysis
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 registrations
- State Insurance License – Life and Health
We cater to each individual and will customize a package based on experience.
FOR EXPERIENCED ADVISORS:
- Competitive payouts
- Benefits (i.e., 401k with a 4% match, subsidized medical, dental, vision, disability and E&O)
- Dedicated transition support
- Vast array of broker dealer & investment advisory platforms
- Succession planning
FOR INEXPERIENCED ADVISORS:
- Training which includes:
- Paid apprenticeship and a 48 month paid Residency
- Benefits (i.e., 401k with a 4% match, subsidized medical, dental, vision, disability E&O)
- Mentor relationships
- Product specialist support
Financial Advantage Associates is currently interviewing for inexperienced and experienced advisors. We are looking for those candidates seeking a meaning full career in developing their own financial advisory practice and those professionals looking to take their financial planning practice and develop a leadership role in the firm. We are Veteran and Career Changer friendly. Apply today or contact our recruiting team, 301-610-0071, to learn more.
Becoming a Financial Advisor at Financial Advantage is not just another job; it’s a rewarding, lifelong career.
Financial Advantage Associates offers securities and investment advisory services through Securian Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. Financial Advantage Associates is independently owned and operated. The Securian Financial Network is a nationwide network of financial services firms that serves as the sales and distribution arm of Securian Financial Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Products and services are offered and sold only by appropriately licensed/registered financial advisors.
Securities and investment advisory services offered through Securian Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC. Financial Advantage Associates is independently owned and operated. 1274608 DOFU 8/2015